Blackstar St. James EL34H Fawn Guitar Head
Answering calls from guitarists everywhere for a valve amplifier that is truly lightweight and portable, Blackstar delivers the most advanced, innovative and best-sounding 50 Watt valve amps in the world. Available in a classic EL34 design and a higher gain 6L6 model, these amps are simple to use, but highly versatile. Developed after months of forensic examination of vintage valve amps, the intuitive two channel set-up delivers Blackstar's best ever cleans and overdrives without compromise.
Why ‘St. James’?
St. James is one of the oldest parts of Northampton. It’s the site of an abbey from the 12th century that gives the area its name and is home to the Northampton Saints, our world-class rugby team’s grounds, and the iconic lift tower that dominates our skyline. Personally, for the Founders there was also a very significant James (Jim) in our history… not to mention the many guitarists that also share the name; Hendrix, Page, Hetfield, plus many more.
- Blackstar's universal power supply, is lightweight and can be used anywhere in the world from 90V to 264V 50/60Hz.
- The built-in reactive load and pro connections makes St. James perfect for silent stages.
- Completely separate EQ circuits are used for each channel. This is achieved by switching dual-ganged potentiometers, which means there is no compromise in tone between the two channels even with the shared EQ controls.
- The Sag setting generates more power supply ‘sag’ to accentuate the all-important amp compression, the ‘feel’ is softer and more ‘vintage’.
- Cab Rig overcomes the shortcomings of IR ‘snapshots’ and uses state of the art digital processing to reproduce the sound and feel of a mic’d up guitar cab in incredible detail. Over 250 mic and cab combinations can be saved into one of the three onboard slots. Each cab has a choice of mic type and axis, alongside room mics and master EQ. Connect to the free Architect software for more deep-dive options.
- Candlenut plywood is used for strength and lightness. Its beneficial acoustic proprieties, create a roadworthy cabinet that sounds great and won’t let you down.The new St. James illuminated logo is inspired by our original Artisan amps.
- Ultra-lightweight 50 Watt head
- 2 x ECC83, 2 x EL34
- Two footswitchable channels
- Footswitchable Channel II Boost (‘top boost’)
- 50W / 2W / Sag power reduction
- Master Volume
- Digital Reverb
- Effects loop with effects level switch
- USB audio output
- XLR D.I. output
- Cab Rig advanced DSP cabinet simulator
- Footcontroller included
- Stunning boutique look including illuminated logo
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: BA180010-H