Lowden WL-25 Indian Rosewood Red Cedar
Lowden guitars are widely regarded as some of the finest acoustic guitars in the world. Revered for their exquisite craftmanship, premium tonewoods and impeccable attention to detail, Lowden have become a major force in the acoustic world. Founded in the 1970s by luthier George Lowden, each guitar is lovingly hand built in Northern Ireland using traditional techniques to keep the quality at the highest standards. Quite simply, Lowden represents the pinnacle of acoustic craftsmanship and each guitar is a true work of art!
The WL-25 features a Rosewood back and sides and Cedar top, a classic tonewood combination that has been used on acoustic guitars for generations. It perfectly blends projection and dynamics with a crisp high end clarity and a warm midrange. The smaller size of the Wee Lowden makes it very comfortable to play, and an excellent option as a travel guitar. It has a tighter and more focused sound than a larger bodied guitar, allowing for a more precise sound when fingerpicking or playing arpeggios, and a less bass when playing chords, making it clearer and more expressive.
The Wee Lowden is the smallest model in Lowden's range and was designed by George Lowden as a gift for Ed Sheeran. Despite its diminutive size, the Wee Lowden, or WL for short, was designed to be compact whilst still producing a big sound with a bass response more akin to a larger bodied guitar. The WL features a 610 mm scale length, and a soundbox that is 40 mm narrower and 5 mm shallower then the popular "S" model.
- Compact WL Body - Despite it's compact size, the WL doesn't suffer from that typical "boxy" sound that is common with smaller bodied guitars. Players with a smaller frame will enjoy the added playability and comfort that comes with the compact body size too.
- Spruce/Cedar Construction - A classic tonewood pairing yielding plenty of warmth and top end sparkle. There's a reason why so many acoustic guitars are built using these tonewoods!
- 5 Piece Mahogany/Rosewood Neck - Multi piece necks are incredibly stable and are less susceptible to moving with changes in temperature and humidity.
- GL Standard Neck Profile - George Lowden's preferred neck profile! The GL Standard profile delivers exceptional playability and comfort whether you're playing big open chords or intricate melodies further up the neck.
- Matte Finish - Your hand will glide effortlessly up and down the neck and won't get sticky when playing it hot environments.
- Body Shape: WL
- Top Material: Red Cedar
- Body Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Rosette: Rosewood, Sycamore, Mahogany
- Binding: Figured Mahogany
- Purfling: Sycamore, Walnut, Rosewood and Mahogany
- Finish: Matte
- Material: 5 Piece Mahogany/Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Ebony Bindings
- Profile: GL Standard
- Scale Length: 610 mm
- Number Of Frets: 21
- Finish: Gold
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh SG381 Gold w/Ebony buttons
- Pickguard: Clear
- Case: Hard Case
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: WL25IRRC