Taylor American Dream AD21e SEB Mahogany/Sapele - Edgeburst
Featuring the compact GT body shape and an all-solid-wood construction, the AD21e is an ideal option for musicians seeking a smaller-scale guitar without compromising on tone. The combination of a solid mahogany top and sapele back and sides produces a warm and focused midrange response with clear and articulate characteristics. Enhanced by the C-Class bracing system, this model offers increased volume, sustain, and low-end presence. Additionally, chamfered edges enhance playing comfort, while a subtle edgeburst finish adds to its visual appeal. With built-in ES2 electronics, you can enjoy authentic amplified sound whenever you decide to plug in, and the AeroCase included with the guitar ensures convenient portability for your musical journeys.
The Grand Theatre
In 2020, Taylor introduced the Grand Theatre body shape, a size that falls between the incredibly comfortable GS Mini and Taylor's classic Grand Concert style. This innovative design strikes a perfect balance between power and comfort, offering the acoustic performance of a full-sized guitar with the playability and convenience of a travel-sized instrument. With a scale length of 24-1/8 inches, the strings have a gentle, relaxed feel, reminiscent of playing with a capo on the first fret or in a lower tuning. The body of the guitar feels exceptional, providing a lively and enjoyable playing experience. Whether you choose to make it your reliable stage companion, versatile studio workhorse, or beloved daily driver, the American Dream AD21e is built to accompany you throughout your musical journey, ensuring a lifetime of enjoyable playing.
Plugging in has never sounded this good
The Taylor American Dream AD21e is a bona fide studio and stage workhorse, thanks to the onboard ES2 electronics. ES2 electronics take advantage of Taylor’s proprietary pickup design. It has a 3-section pickup mounted in the bridge, behind the saddle. Because of its position, the pickup delivers a clear, lifelike acoustic tone each time you plug in. For tone tweaking and sound shaping, the ES2 system has a master volume control and a pair of tone controls. The ES2 electronics and the character of the American Dream AD21e combine to create a potent tonal combination that will leave you and your audience stunned.
- A small-bodied acoustic-electric made with sustainable materials
- Grand Theater body shape is inviting and comfortable
- C-Class bracing facilitates a strong bass response while increasing sustain
- Mahogany top paired with sapele back and sides provides warm, natural tones with an even response through it's range
- Eucalyptus fingerboard provides the snappiness of ebony in an eco-friendly package
- Condensed scale length softens string feel for an agile performance
- ES2 electronics produce a lifelike plugged-in tone
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Theater
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Shaded Edgeburst
- Top Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Mahogany
- Back & Sides Wood: Sapele
- Body Bracing: C-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Eucalyptus
- Fingerboard Inlay: Faux Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24.125"
- Tuning Machines: Taylor Nickel
- Nut/Saddle Material: Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Nut Width: 1.718"
- Electronics: Taylor Expression System 2
- Strings: D'addario XS Coated Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case/Gig Bag: Softshell Case
- Body Length: 18.5"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4.25"
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: AD21ESEB