Taylor Academy 12e Nylon Grand Concert Left-Handed
Crafted to provide an affordable and comfortable option for musicians in search of the nylon-string sound accompanied by player-friendly features, the Academy 12e-N delivers a vibrant classical tone with a tactile feel that caters to both beginners and seasoned players. Constructed with a solid spruce top to ensure optimal projection, clarity, and resonance, this acoustic-electric guitar, in a compact Grand Concert design, boasts a radiused fretboard and a 1-7/8" nut width. These features offer generous string spacing for fingerstyle play while minimising strain on the fretting hand. Complete with ES-N electronics and a lightweight gig bag for protection, the Academy 12e-N provides everything a budding player requires.
For added volume at larger events, the A12 features an ES-B pickup and preamp system. This innovative pickup incorporates Taylor's Expression system 2 piezo design, and features an LED display and a built-in digital chromatic tuner. Players can easily shape their sound using the tone and volume controls, located on the discreet sidemount on the upper bout.
Pro Arte Carbon Hard Tension Strings
Finally, for that vibrant, contemporary tone, the A12 is equipped with a set of Pro Arte Carbon Hard Tension nylon strings. These strings deliver superior intonation, a responsive attack and a projective tone that sits well in any mix.
- Equipped with an ES-B pickup/preamp, along with a built-in chromatic tuner
- Grand concert body shape delivers a strong projective sound
- Lutz spruce top and layered sapele deliver broad dynamic range
- Includes Taylor gig bag for transportation and storage
- Pro Arte Carbon Hard Tension nylon strings offer excellent playability
- Ebony fingerboard is ideal for percussive techniques such as tapping
- Non-cutaway body shape offers a clean, symmetrical look of a traditional guitar
Body & Bridge
- Series: Academy
- Body Shape: Grand Concert
- Back/ Side Wood: Layered Sapele
- Top Material: Lutz Spruce
- Bracing: Academy Series
- Finish: Varnish
- Bridge: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck Width: 1-7/8"
- Neck Finish: Varnish
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 17
- Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
- Nut: Tusq
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickup/ Preamp: ES-B Elcetronics With Digital Chromatic Tuner
- Tuners: Nylon Nickel
- Buttons: Pearloid
- Peghead Logo: Printed on Headstock Overlay
- Case: Gig Bag
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: Academy 12e-N LH