Cubase Elements 8 is a streamlined and personal version of Cubase that provides an instantly accessible music production environment. The technology platform used in Elements 8 is the is the same as its larger siblings in the Cubase family. Elements 8 offers improved songwriting tools such as 'chord pads' - an expansion of 'chord tracks' found in Elements 7 and a new 're-record mode' which allows for an instant retake from the original position preserving the original pre-count and metronome settings.
Steinberg has set a grace period for this upgrade which means that anyone who has purchased Cubase Elements 7 since January 15th 2015 is eligible for a free upgrade to Cubase Elements 8.
Please note - this Education Edition is only available to students and teachers at recognised educational establishments. Proof of status is required to purchase this product.
Improved Songwriting Tools
Cubase Elements 8 is the latest version of the Elements series, Elements 8 exapnds on features of the previous version and now includes 'chord pads' which is an expansion of 'chord tracks'. Chord pads enable you to experiment with chord patterns and creatively compose harmonic tracks using an intuitive visual layout. The circle of 5th chord view featured in the chord assistant is coherent and helps users to gain a further understanding of harmony based music theory with a visual representation of how chords are linked. Elements 8 allows you to jam with chords in real time and control multiple parameters to punch in chords on the fly, creating a smooth workflow that is free from endless step time programming.
Updated Effects and Instruments
Cubase Elements 8 features a range of studio-grade effects updated from the previous version. HALion Sonic SE 2 delivers a range of new sounds and instruments for Cubase Elements plus a totally new synth. Groove Agent SE 4 has over 120 drum kits and an easy to use, smart user interface for creating beats and hits. Cubase Elements 8 comes with 40+ audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, MorphFilter and the extraordinary VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite.
Streamlined Solution to a Personal Music Production System
Cubase Elements 8 makes working with instruments easier, quicker and more transparent: Instrument tracks now features multiple audio outputs for any instrument, and can also be fed by any MIDI track on any channel. Inserting a new instrument into the rack is reflected within the Project window by creating the corresponding instrument track automatically and vice versa. The new Instrument Rack introduces VST Quick Controls for each instrument, letting you modify instruments and sounds without even opening the GUI.
- - Supports 64 MIDI and 48 simultaneous audio tracks with up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- - Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- - Includes upgraded virtual instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent SE drum machine, Prologue synthesizer
- - Includes 40+ audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, MorphFilter and the extraordinary VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite
- - MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for a pro-console sound
- - Chord track and chord pads for easy chord composing and management
- - Includes dozens of presets and thousands of MIDI construction loops
- - Streamlined score editing feature set
- - Unlimited encoding to MP3 is now included, next to the already unlimited decoding of MP3 files
- - FLAC lossless compression codec for recording, importing and exporting audio files
- - Improved windows handling on PC, dockable rack and MediaBay plus a redesigned Track List
- - Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multiinputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack
- - Hardware controller support (no NUAGE, no EuCon)
- - Professional score layout and printing (basic only)
- - Chord track
- - Chord Assistant (Circle of 5th only)
- - Hermode tuning
- - Channel strip modules
- - PC: Windows 7 / 8.x
- - Mac: OS X versions 10.9 / 10.10
- - Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- - 4 GB RAM (minimum: 4 GB)
- - 10 GB free HD space
- - 1920 x 1080 display resolution (minimum: 1366 x 768)
- - Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
- - OS compatible audio hardware
- - DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Stock: In Stock